This is just another example of how versatile the Petal Cone die is! I made these pennants with it, even the layers. I actually made four of each style and alternated them across the banner. I decided to make this a multi-use banner since we all know how much time it takes to make one of these :) And since I have so many guys in my house, it will get plenty of use :)
- Multi Purpose Pad on Tab 1
- Two cardstock shims
- Inked Texture plate
- Folded sheet of copy paper (to protect the other pieces from the ink)
- Silicone pad
- Impressions pad
- Stamps: Afterthoughts, Party Hearty, Word Play
- Paper: Soft Suede, Naturals White, Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point, Wild Wasabi, Cherry Cobbler
- Ink: Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point, Wild Wasabi, Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede
- Other: Big Shot with Petal Cone die, Sweet Buttons embosslit, and Texture Plates Kit #4, Designer Label punch, 1¾" Circle punch, Curly Label punch, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, crochet thread, paper cutter
To cut the pennants, I cut out 8 Soft Suede Petal Cone pieces, then trimmed off the tab on the side, and cut the 2 triangular parts apart, keeping the half circle flaps intact.
Then I cut 8 more Petal Cone pieces in Naturals White. Then I trimmed off the tab on the side on each. Then folded it in half so there was just one triangular piece showing. Then I trimmed off 1/8" all the way around by lining up the edges with the edge of the silver to the right of the cutting blade on my Fiskars paper trimmer.
Then I took my trimmed down Naturals White pieces and did the Reverse Faux Letterpress technique on them using the above listed sandwich.
The little accents are made using various stamps and punches with lots of layers and dimensionals :) I stretched the Designer Label punch by cutting it in half and adhering as shown behind the 1¾" circle punches and added little paper buttons made with the Sweet Buttons embosslit. LOVE the thing!! Of course I inked the raised edges on the buttons too. It wouldn't be mine if I didn't do that ;)
Now Let's see what you all can come up with!