Monday, February 28, 2011

Birthday Banner


This is just another example of how versatile the Petal Cone die is! I made these pennants with it, even the layers. I actually made four of each style and alternated them across the banner. I decided to make this a multi-use banner since we all know how much time it takes to make one of these :) And since I have so many guys in my house, it will get plenty of use :)

Here is a close up of the four styles. Lots of people commented on the depth of color I got with this technique. I have to admit, I don't use a brayer. I just rub and tap my inkpads directly on the texture plates. Of course it helps if your pads are nice and juicy and I just juiced mine all up :) My sandwich for this technique on my Big Shot is:
  1. Multi Purpose Pad on Tab 1
  2. Two cardstock shims
  3. Inked Texture plate
  4. Cardstock
  5. Folded sheet of copy paper (to protect the other pieces from the ink)
  6. Silicone pad
  7. Impressions pad
And here is what I used to make this pennant:
  • Stamps: Afterthoughts, Party Hearty, Word Play
  • Paper: Soft Suede, Naturals White, Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point, Wild Wasabi, Cherry Cobbler
  • Ink: Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point, Wild Wasabi, Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede
  • Other: Big Shot with Petal Cone die, Sweet Buttons embosslit, and Texture Plates Kit #4, Designer Label punch, 1¾" Circle punch, Curly Label punch, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, crochet thread, paper cutter

To cut the pennants, I cut out 8  Soft Suede Petal Cone pieces, then trimmed off the tab on the side, and cut the 2 triangular parts apart, keeping the half circle flaps intact.

Then I cut 8 more Petal Cone pieces in Naturals White. Then I trimmed off the tab on the side on each. Then folded  it in half so there was just one triangular piece showing. Then I trimmed off 1/8" all the way around by lining up the edges with the edge of the silver to the right of the cutting blade on my Fiskars paper trimmer.

Then I took my trimmed down Naturals White pieces and did the Reverse Faux Letterpress technique on them using the above listed sandwich.

The little accents are made using various stamps and punches with lots of layers and dimensionals :) I stretched the Designer Label punch by cutting it in half and adhering as shown behind the 1¾" circle punches and added little paper buttons made with the Sweet Buttons embosslit. LOVE the thing!! Of course I inked the raised edges on the buttons too. It wouldn't be mine if I didn't do that ;)

Now Let's see what you all can come up with!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So So cute!

Yapha said...

These look fabulous!! Thank you for giving your "sandwich" -- I appreciate the help!

shellie said...

Thanks so much for this! I just got my petal cone die and have been playing with it some. I like the idea of having something that will make a smaller pennant than the pennant die does. I think the petal cone die is one of the best ones SU has come out with yet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails