Friday, March 4, 2011

Textiles Baby Boy Card


This was a really fun card to put together. I love all the texture! I had been neglecting my texture plates lately and was reminded how wonderful they are when I signed up to feature the Reverse Faux Letterpress technique for the Stampin' Addicts Birthday Blog hop. Then I couldn't stop using them!!


I was going for the baby quilt feel, which is one of my favorites for baby cards. You can never have enough blankets for baby :) There is some DSP from the Hostess Pack in here too! I stamped the elephants on it and texturized it too. Very versatile stuff!

 Inside is decorated too with strips of the paper from the front and a paper button cut out with Buttons #5 sizzlet and Reverse Faux Letterpress technique to add texture and ink to it with the woodgrain texture plate. 
  • Stamps: Animal Stories, Occasional Quotes, Sweetness Unlimited
  • Paper: Naturals White, Soft Suede, Peach Parfait, Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz DSP
  • Ink: Soft Suede, Peach Parfait, Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz 
  • Other: Big Shot with Buttons #5 sizzlet, Backgrounds 1 and Texture Plates Kit #4 , Scallop Oval punch, Large Oval punch, Modern Label punch, Signo white gel pen

And I am using this little single stamp a TON! You just might have to have it too!

7 comments:

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Super cute!! Love the fun colors for a baby card. Great reminder about the texture plates. I don't use mine enough either. I always grab the embossing folders first for some reason.

Heidi Baks said...

Baby blanket, what a cute idea! I bet it's even better to touch and feel!

Shelley Z said...

What a sweet card! Love all the textures and colors!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Super Cute!!! Wow Love these colors too hmm may need to use them for a color round up challenge! lol

Yapha said...

What a great baby card! I love how you made those squares! Great colors, too!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Love the fun colors, the layout, and the concept--the inside is as great as the outside!

Mickey Roberts said...

Way too cute, Tanya! Love the colors you chose.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails