Friday, April 13, 2012

Step It Up Swap #2- Nature's Nest


I can't wait to keep showing my swaps, so if you are participating in this swap, close your eyes! By the time I started designing my second set of swaps, I thought I should try to stick to the colors in the Getting Started collection. New stampers can get pretty overwhelmed and the Getting Started collection is a nice way to, well, get started! I stretched it a little with the Crumb Cake though.

This is the first version, good for a Make & Take.  Yes, I am still working on doing limited supplies... but when you have all kinds of stuff, it is really hard not to use it! I used punches, a background stamp, and the white gel pen. I somehow managed to NOT use the Big Shot here. That takes effort I tell you!
The main image is stamped on Naturals White in Early Espresso, I used a blender pen to blend the Early Espresso ink to color in the nest, then used the blender pen and Certainly Celery, Garden Green and Marina Mist ink to color the leaves and the eggs.
  • Stamps: Nature's Nest, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Woodgrain BG
  • Ink: Marina Mist, Early Espresso, Certainly Celery, Garden Green
  • Paper: Marina Mist, Crumb Cake, Certainly Celery, Naturals White
  • Other: Wide Oval punch, Bird builder punch, 1" Square punch, Signo white gel pen, Stampin' Dimensionals, Blender Pen


The stepped-up version adds a Early Espresso card base, the use of the Simply Scored and the Big Shot, and a few other goodies.
  • Additions: Big Sot with Designer Frames EF and Ovals die, Simply Scored tool, Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink

 I hope you can see the shimmer of the Accent Ink on the eggs and the leaves here. It was tough to capture on camera., but it adds such a wonderful effect on the card!

I have one more Step-It-Up to share with you in the next couple of days, so stay tuned!

5 comments:

Carmen said...

Love the card ... perfect use of the BG stamp!

Yapha said...

Great cards! I love how you colored the nest with its own ink! Both versions are fantastic!

Katherine said...

I love that accent ink on the little eggs, and all the layers on both cards. TFS!

Paula said...

So cute! Love how you used the woodgrain with the nest. Just perfect.

Mickey Roberts said...

Wow! Great ideas to step up the card, Tanya!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails