Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Still Waters


I couldn't resist making another card with this set, and I had not yet gotten my order from the new catalog, I really wanted the Chevrons embossing folder, so I used a Chevron set I had in my stash to simulate waves in the background.


This layout kind of reminds my of those kitschy wall plaques about fish stories, lol!


And inside looks a bit like twilight fishing, when the heat of the day has worn off, the water becomes still and looks like glass....perfection.

  • Stamps: Angler, Best Dad Ever, Chevron (PTI)
  • Ink: Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Versamark
  • Paper: Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Naturals White
  • Other: Apothecary Accents dies with Big Shot, Paper Piercer, Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine, 1" Square punch, Embossing Buddy, White embossing powder, Heat Gun, Stampin' Dimensionals

7 comments:

Yapha said...

Love the fish plaque!! So fun how you hung the words off of it! Such a great card!

Twila said...

Oh my, so pretty and it reminds me of those wall hanging too.

Sue said...

Very nicely done! I love the little touches like the cross-stitch accents and the wall plaque look!

Katherine said...

This is a fabulous card. I don't know what I'm going to do when those colors retire, that's hands-down my favorite color combination!

Mickey Roberts said...

Love the words hanging from the "plaque". Very cute. Were there fish stories floating around that boat?

Paula said...

Love the colors and the background on this one. Another great Father's Day card.

Carmen said...

Another card I love!! Keep em coming!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails