Sunday, September 16, 2012

Autumn Thanks


As I sit here eating some delicious homemade peach crumble fresh from the oven, the sun is starting to set. I have my deck door open just  a few feet from me and I am listening to the wind in the trees. Ahhh, autumn! The leaves are starting to turn and the weather has cooled just enough to be my favorite temps.

Autumn is my favorite time of year. So many things are happening and so much change comes our way each year. This year, as autumn arrives, so does  a big change for me. I have been working in a small hospital 45 minutes from my home for 6 years now (mostly in the ER). Now there is a perfectly good hospital just 10 minutes from my home and I have wanted to work there for many years and had given up trying about 4 years ago. Well, the local hospital is expanding, and I have more experience on my resume, and I have will be starting to work in the Sanford Bemidji ER on September 24th!!! I am so excited to start a new job, and I have much to be thankful for, so I figured a thank you card post was the perfect time to announce my job change :)


I was inspired by Andrea Walford from the PaperCraftersLibrary for this card. I changed the colors, used the Core'dinations paper and sanded it, added a ribbon detail, added paper piercing, and changed the leaf stamp set. I just love it! I made a pile of these to go to Operation Write Home. If you haven't heard of it, go check it out, it is a very worthy cause.


This is actually the first version of the card, which I changed after reading more of the guidelines. It pays to do that now and again as they are not always what I remember them to be, he-he! They don't recommend the buttons and other bulky embellishments as the cards sometimes get beat up on the way from the soldiers to their families and friends.
  • Stamps:Wonderfall, From My Heart
  • Paper: Gumball Green smooth CS and Core'dinations CS, Early Espresso, Whisper White
  • Ink: Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Summer Starfruit
  • Other: Big Shot with Woodgrain EF, Autumn Accents bigz die, and Window Frames framelit, Festive paper piercing pack, paper piercer and mat pack, White Baker's Twine or Early Espresso ¼" Stitched Grosgrain ribbon, Naturals button, Sanding block, dimensionals

Inside I stamped the coordinating sentiment from From My Heart and a couple of leaves. I can't begin to tell you how wonderful this  Core'dinations cardstock is. I bought a pack of each of the colors offered right now, and I will probably end up buying more before it goes away :)


3 comments:

Yapha said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards! I like both versions! Congratulations on your new position -- they are lucky to have you!

Mickey Roberts said...

Gorgeous! Love how you used the thread to anchor the button.

Paula said...

I love autumn too. And I love how you invoked the season with these. Congrats!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails