Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Fluttering Anniversary

February is a romantic month, we all know that. Here in Minnesota, there isn't all that much to do in the middle of winter, so snuggling with your special someone sounds darn good right about now :)
And as I was going through my perpetual birthday and anniversary calendar, I noticed that I have three, count 'em, three anniversaries in the family this month!!!

So guess what kind of cards were on my to-do list this week!

This one is going to be for one of my brother-in-laws and his wife. Not too girly, and kind-of modern... I think it turned out great! I even stitched down the ribbon.
  • Stamps: Hears a Flutter, Memorable Moments
  • Ink: Crumb Cake, Primrose Petals, Early Espresso
  • Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White
  • Other: Big Shot with Woodgrain EF and Hearts a Flutter framelits, Natural Trim ribbon, Rhinestones and Pearls, sewing machine, dimensionals, Signo white gel pen
Inside I added some more hearts and outlined again.

I made this one with some non-SU stamps and I got my inspiration from Heather Nichols, who is one of my favorite stampers. I am sure many of you know her work, she is quite famous :) AND she is a fellow Minnesotan! She made a tag that was stamped with woodgrain and had several snowflakes scattered over it, and it was all stamped on Kraft paper. Ok, so my imagination went another way with it, but that's what inspiration is all about!




4 comments:

Yapha said...

Those are great! I love the woodgrain in white! I think I might have to try that. You are so clever!!

Katherine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katherine said...

I love the way the Primrose Ink looks on Crumbcake. What a cool card!

Paula said...

So cute! Love these with the wood grain and the hearts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails