Friday, March 8, 2013

Poetry in Blue


We have less than 3 weeks left of Sale-A-Bration for this year, can you believe it? Time goes so quickly... I thought I better start posting some stuff made with the SAB swag for this year :)

Lots of marker usage on this one, direct-to-stamp style. I had a lot of fun with this, and for once, I picked my DSP first and let that decide my color combo. I usually do it the other way around and don't have any luck finding something that fits! Silly aren't I! I did emboss the Basic Label. I don't think I like it as much as just stamping it, but it was worth a try.
  • Stamps: Bloomin' Marvelous, Basic Label
  • Ink: Marina Mist, Gumball Green, Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse, Early Espresso
  • Paper: Summer Starfruit, Naturals White, Midnight Muse, Whisper White, Poetry Prints DSP stack
  • Other: Big Shot with Cloudy Day EF, Apothecary Accents and Floral Frames framelits, Midnight Muse Stitched Satin ribbon, Paper Piercer and Mat, Early Espresso embossing powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Gun, Bitty Butterfly punch, Sticky Strip, dimensionals, sewing machine and thread, Signo white gel pen
Yes, I did freehand paper pierce around the flower diecut.  It turned out ok. I didn't feel compelled to throw it out and start over, lol!

ETA: For the butterfly, I inked the stamp up with Summer Starfuit, then with markers added the Marina Mist to interior of wings, outlined the image and the body with Midnight Muse, and thumped the whole image with the Midnight Muse marker also. Then I huffed on the image and stamped it. Voila!

3 comments:

Yapha said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love colors on the butterfly! Your details are just perfect!

Paula said...

Great card. I love all the details on it.

Katherine said...

Oh I love the label on the front of that card. I hope you'll share how you did that butterfly!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails