Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Racey Birthday


 THIS is the card that I made for Geoffrey for his birthday this year. And no, he did not get a car for his birthday :) He will get to drive a family vehicle until he can buy his own :) Inside the card, I wrote "Sorry Geoffrey, you are not getting a sports car for your birthday, but I know if you want one, you will get one someday!" There was some other mushy mom and dad stuff in there too that I won't bore you all with. I just figured this would be a good theme for a 17 year old.

There are a couple of new/returning things on this card, along with a retiring set... sad. I just got this set a couple months ago and am just getting around to using it! The yellow paper is Crushed Curry, and I like it much better this time around than I did when it was an In-Color a few years ago. I don't know why I didn't like it back then! And the punch with the sentiment is new, called Artisan Label.
  • Stamps: Need For Speed (retiring), Pennant Parade
  • Ink: Illuminate, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Crushed Curry
  • Paper: Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler
  • Other: Big Shot with Honeycomb and Chevrons embossing folders, Artisan Label punch, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Paper PIercer and Mat, Signo white gel pen, White Baker's Twine, dimensionals, Blender Pen, Embossing Buddy, Heat Gun, Early Espresso embossing powder (retired), needle, buttons
Are you tempted to get this set? You can Shop Now with me here!


Special News, the Stampin' Addicts gang is having a Retiring Sets Blog Hop May 10-12, 2013! Be sure to come back to check out all the fun!

3 comments:

Paula said...

Perfect card for a 17 year old. Just hope he wasn't too disappointed that he got a card with a sports car on it and not the sports car. :)

Yapha Mason said...

Great card! Love the doodling and faux stitching. Great colors, too!

Anonymous said...

Great guy card - for any age! Alas… most would want the keys to go with it. :)

p.s. I'm with you on the Crushed Curry this go-round; I wonder if it has something to do with the overall changes in the color line.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails