Sunday, May 3, 2015

Stamp Review Crew: Butterfly Basics Edition

http://stampreviewcrew.blogspot.com/2015/05/stamp-review-crew-butterfly-basics.html

Woo-hoo! We are back with another fun hop, this time featuring the Butterfly Basics stamp set. This gorgeous stamp set coordinates with the lovely and intricate Butterflies thinlits! And guess what?! They are both carrying over into the annual catalog this year! Yippee!!

Ok, so if this is your first time through one of our hops, we are a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators, and we choose a different stamp set to highlight on each hop. We all use the same set on each hop so you can get tons of inspiration for that set :) You can click on the banner at the top to get to the official blog of the Stamp Review Crew and check our past hops-they will always be intact and take you straight to the posts you want :)

If you are following along in order, then you have just arrived from Mike Funke's blog, he always has such fantastic ideas and well worded instructions, don't you think?!

I made this project at least a month ago, and then I had to kind of hide it from myself so I wouldn't be tempted to post it before the hop, lol! I can't remember which challenge blog sketch I used, but I know I did use one. When I create a card I know I have to wait a while to post, I usually write the colors and the sketch challenges on a Post-It and stick it to the back so I remember all of it when I type it up. I did not do that this time. See, I need to follow a routine still :) But here is how I made this card:

  1. Cut an 8"x8¼" piece of Crumb Cake cardstock, then on the 8" side, score at 4" and fold in half. 
  2. Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 3½"x8¼", the diecut one long edge with the Large Scallops edgelit. 
  3. I used a lot of masking on this card with the medium sized Butterflies thinlit negative space on a piece of copy paper, so cut one of these out. ( I use 1 unscented dryer sheet folded in half under the cardstock and die in the sandwich to prevent the cut from sticking in the die, and to get all the little pieces to stick and not have to be poked out-works like magic!). Diecut a Vellum butterfly and set aside for later.
  4. Then I sponged on the Soft Sky butterfly first and stamped the honeycomb stamp in Gold Encore ink while the mask was still in place. 
  5. Move butterfly mask and use some scratch paper and the positive cut of the butterfly to mask off the blue butterfly. Then sponge the Pink Pirouette butterfly and stamp the round flower in Gold ink. 
  6. Repeat step 5 in Crisp Cantaloupe sponging and Crisp Cantaloupe and Gold ink with the stem of flowers. Then again in Crumb Cake sponging and Crumb Cake and Gold inked stamping with the striped line image. 
  7. Stitch around the 3 not-scalloped sides of the white panel. 
  8. Adhere a strip of Naturals Chevron ribbon just above the scallops, then add Gold Baker's Twine, and a small strip of Gold Sequin trim. Tie a bow with Gold Baker's Twine and adhere with glue dot or some other adhesives.
  9. On a 1¼"x4" strip of vellum, stamp the greeting in Early Espresso ink.
  10. Adhere 3 sequins using Crystal Effects and the Vellum Butterfly you diecut earlier.
  11. Stamp the striped strip in Gold ink along the bottom of the Crumb Cake card base.
  12. Apply dimensionals to the back of the white panel and adhere to cardfront, slightly lower than the fold. Trim off the overhang of the Vellum butterfly. 
  13. Stamp honeycomb image in Whisper White in lower right corner of the inside of card, then the sentiment in Early Espresso.
Phew! That didn't feel like so many steps when I made the card! I think it was worth it though :)

That's all I have for you this time, let's go see what Jennifer Timko has in store for us!

http://stampinonthefly.com/2015/05/src-butterfly-basics/ ‎
http://stampin-style.typepad.com/stampin-style/2015/05/stamp-review-crew-butterfly-basics.html

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

11 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

Great card, Tanya! I love a long card. The butterflies are so pretty and I think it's really pretty the way you stamped inside the butterfly image! Love the colors you used too.

WebDeb said...

Excellent layout for this set; glad to see this format. You are the Masking Queen (sing it!).

Carol Matthews said...

It's great to see the stamp set used in a way that looks so different from other cards made with the same one. Good for you! I love it!

Cindy Beach said...

Your textured butterflies are fresh and fun, Tanya. Love the layered ribbons and stitching too!

Mike said...

Love the shape of your card! I need to venture out into some different shapes. I also love how you use the stamps to accent the shape. Beautifully done!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Tanya, your card is beautiful! I love the shape and the colors and the array of butterflies. It is such a happy card!

Rochelle Blok said...

What a beautiful card Tanya. Love the sponging/masking and then the stamping of the different elements in each butterfly. Stunning colours and a stunning card!

Betty said...

Ooh! Love the soft effect of the masking. So delicate!

Betty said...

Ooh! Love the soft effect of the masking. So delicate!

MarvA1ix said...

You did a beautiful job of masking, and it's just one of those simple techniques that I love to use, but seldom do. Your card is unique, and I love the twist on the stamp set. Bravo!!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Wow! This is a real work of art. Love all the elements.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails